Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Brisbane Epiphany....

After the show tonight i went for a drink with an old aquaintance i'd met through a friend in Vancouver  years ago. While we were chatting over a couple makers marks a cluster of drunk guys from the show came up and told me how much they'd enjoyed the set this evening. One Fellow gave me a laminated four leaf clover he said he'd been carrying around for quite some time. I told him I was honored and promised to carry it always to which he walked away seemingly pleased.... However, a few minutes later his buddy dragged him back and asked me if pal had given me a four leaf clover to which i replied he had. Buddy asked me to give it back to Pal 'cause he'd been carrying it for a long time through some serious shit and it was important, to which i replied "indeed!" and promptly returned the token, for i am a man who can appreciate such worryings. The drunken fellows went off and i resumed my conversation with my friend until minutes later when Pal returned and insisted i take the four leafed clover because even in his drunken state he was sure that it was important that the leaf should pass to me. I received it once again with reverence and put it in my wallet with the hope that someday it will save my ass on these unstable and treacherous roads/ skys/ and waters  i travel... thanks drunk guy, xm

No comments: